UScellular Visits Okmulgee County for a 5G Broadband Tech Demonstration
- UScellular Wireless Broadband Video Call Demonstration in Okmulgee CountyUScellular conducted a live video call with 25 participants to showcase the type of connectivity 5G can bring to rural Oklahoma counties.
- Oklahoma State Senator Roger Thompson and UScellular's Tom CataniOklahoma State Senator Roger Thompson joined Uscellular for the tech demonstration.
- UScellular 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband IllustrationUScellular's Alan Johnson demonstrates how 5G fixed wireless technology can connect homes and businesses in Okmulgee County .
- Uscellular Tech Demonstration in Okmulgee CountyUScellular leaders are joined by State Representative Elect Chris Banning and Micah White, Director of Planning and Grants for the Muscogee (Creek) Nation.
- UScellular Tower and 5G Device in Okmulgee CountyA 5G antenna connects to a UScellular tower. UScellular tested locations, without line of sight to the tower, up to 3 miles away.
On Aug. 17, 2022 UScellular leaders conducted a live demonstration of its advanced 5G wireless technologies at Beggs High School in Okmulgee County, Oklahoma.
Attendees, including State Senator Roger Thompson, State Representative Elect Chris Banning, Muscogee (Creek) Nation Director of Planning and Grants Micah White, and other members of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, experienced a 5G Fixed Wireless Access demonstration and learned how UScellular’s 5G Home and Mobile Internet can connect communities and businesses.
This demonstration also highlighted how UScellular can help provide rural communities with affordable, high-speed home internet, both now and in the future using Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) funding.
Beggs is a rural community, like many others across Oklahoma, where many of its residents lack options for access to fast and affordable home internet options. UScellular has recently made significant financial investments in its infrastructure to enable the demonstration, and the technology remains in place for service in the area.
“In my Senate District, for the last mile away, fiber is not an option. This is a true life-changing option for a lot of people.”