Our Statement on Social Justice
Today, on this Juneteenth, we commemorate the end of slavery in the United States and reflect on the racial injustice that still plagues our Nation.
We are angered and appalled by acts of racism and violence. In the faces of Rayshard Brooks, George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade and others who have been senselessly murdered, we see our own customers and our associates. UScellular cares deeply about the people we serve and all those who go beyond to stand with the Black community. This includes all people of all races who demand justice and an end to racism with purposeful protest that models peace, remaining focused on the common goal - ending injustice.
UScellular was founded as a company with social purpose, including a culture of respect for the individual, diversity and inclusion. Our values demand that we work toward fairness and a just society. We recognize that we still have work to do. Recent events serve as an opportunity to reflect upon and deepen our commitment to equality. As a company, we are committed to:
- Standing with our black associates, leaders and associates at large as they advocate for equality in their local communities.
- Continuing and expanding our internal initiative "Inclusion is How we D.O. Conversations" focusing on deepening cross-cultural understanding of issues of equity.
- Requiring training on racial inequity and continuing to embed diversity into our leader expectations and goals.
- Expanding our current partnerships with Urban and Diverse Economic Empowerment Organizations.
- Increasing our spend with minority businesses, inclusive of black-owned businesses.
UScellular will be part of the solution by doing our part to fight racism and create a more equitable world. We have the capacity to change and we look forward to the day when all people are truly free to live their lives without racism.
UScellular is the fourth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier provides a strong, reliable network supported by the latest technology and offers a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. To learn more about UScellular, visit one of its retail stores or www.uscellular.com. To get the latest news, visit newsroom.uscellular.com. Connect with UScellular on social media at facebook.com/uscellular, twitter.com/uscellular, instagram.com/uscellular, YouTube.com/uscellularcorp and linkedin.com/company/uscellular.