UScellular Named 'Wireless Carrier of the Year' in 6th Annual Mobile Breakthrough Awards Program
Annual Awards Recognizes Top Mobile and Wireless Companies and Solutions Around the Globe
CHICAGO, Oct. 20, 2022 – UScellular has been named the winner of the “Wireless Carrier of the Year” award in the 6th annual Mobile Breakthrough Awards program conducted by Mobile Breakthrough, a leading independent market intelligence organization that recognizes the top companies, technologies and products in the global wireless and mobile market today.
The annual Mobile Breakthrough Awards recognize the top companies, products, innovation and people in the mobile and wireless industries around the globe.
“We are honored to receive this award since it encompasses all that we do, from being an industry innovator, a great employer, investing in our business and our associates’ hard work to keep our customers connected,” said Deirdre Drake, executive vice president, chief people officer and head of communications for UScellular.
Some of UScellular’s 2022 accomplishments that led to this award include:
- Early in 2022, UScellular took quick action to help customers stay connected with family, friends and loved ones in Ukraine by offering free calls through the end of the year.
- Helping customers in remote and hard-to-reach areas in the U.S. is a priority for the company. UScellular has been connecting with state and federal legislators to educate about the ways that wireless broadband can support bringing connectivity to consumers in need.
- In April, UScellular launched its 5G mmWave high-speed internet service in parts of 10 cities. In September, it expanded this service to cover more than 125,000 households and 30 cities.
- UScellular announced that all its postpaid and prepaid plans are price protected through 2023. The company committed to not increase the price on customers’ rate plans, no matter what plan they are on.
- UScellular and Ericsson announced that they began 5G testing at altitude using drone technology. These tests were the first of their kind with UScellular’s 5G network and laid the groundwork for future use cases of cellular-connected drones in a variety of industries.
- This year, UScellular has been recognized as best in class for diversity and equality. For the third year in a row, UScellular was named to the Forbes list of Best Employers for Diversity and received a top score of 100 on the Disability Equality Index (DEI). For the fourth year in a row, UScellular earned a top score in the Human Right Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index.
- UScellular has also been recognized as a Top Workplace in Iowa, Oregon, Southeast Wisconsin and in Knoxville, Tenn.
UScellular is the fourth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to help customers stay connected to the things that matter most. The Chicago-based carrier provides a strong, reliable network supported by the latest technology and offers a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. Through its After School Access Project, the company has pledged to provide hotspots and service to help up to 50,000 youth connect to reliable internet. Additionally, UScellular has price protected all of its plans, promising not to increase prices through at least the end of 2023. To learn more about UScellular, visit one of its retail stores or www.uscellular.com. To get the latest news, visit newsroom.uscellular.com.
About Mobile Breakthrough
Part of Tech Breakthrough, a leading market intelligence and recognition platform for global technology innovation and leadership, the Mobile Breakthrough Awards program is devoted to honoring excellence in mobile and wireless technology companies, products and people. The Mobile Breakthrough Awards provide a platform for public recognition around the achievements of breakthrough mobile companies and products in categories including Cloud Computing, Mobile Management and Security, Wireless and Broadband, Mobile Analytics, IoT and Smart City technology, WLAN, WiFi and more. For more information visit MobileBreakthroughAwards.com.