5g-Ready Samsung Galaxy S20 Coming To U.S. Cellular
CHICAGO (Feb. 11, 2020)
Availability coincides with the launch of the carrier’s 5G network in Iowa and Wisconsi.
U.S. Cellular is kicking off its presale for the 5G-ready Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra 5G on Feb. 21. Customers can purchase all three devices in-store and online on March 6. These are U.S. Cellular’s first 5G-ready smartphones, and customers in both urban and rural areas of Iowa and Wisconsin will be the first to experience them on the carrier’s new 5G network.
New customers who switch to U.S. Cellular on an Everyday or Even Better Unlimited Plan can receive $500 off any of the Galaxy S20 devices, and current upgrade-eligible customers can receive $200 off.1 Additionally, eligible customers who preorder Galaxy S20 from U.S. Cellular between Feb. 21 and March 5 will receive a $100 Samsung credit, customers who preorder Galaxy S20+ will receive $150, and customers who preorder Galaxy S20 Ultra will receive $200.2
Prior to any applied promotions, U.S. Cellular will offer the 6.2-inch Galaxy S20 in Cloud Blue, Cosmic Gray and Cloud Pink for $33.30 per month (128 GB), 6.7-inch Galaxy S20+ in Cloud Blue and Cosmic Gray for $36.63 (128GB) and $44.99 (512GB) and 6.9-inch Galaxy S20 Ultra in Cosmic Black and Cosmic Gray for $43.30 per month (128 GB), and $53.33 per month (512 GB), all on 30-month equipment installment plans.
“We are excited to offer the Samsung Galaxy S20 line to all of our customers, especially those in Iowa and Wisconsin who will experience our 5G network on city streets, country roads and in their homes with the launch of this device,” said Jay Ellison, executive vice president and chief operating officer at U.S. Cellular. “Beyond 5G, the Galaxy S20 is an innovative line of smartphones with breathtaking new features and great photo and video quality. We encourage our new and current customers to check out these devices, so they can benefit as we continue expanding our 5G network.”
Some of the highlighted features of the Galaxy S20 devices include:
- Stunning Clarity: The Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ have a 64MP camera while the Galaxy S20 Ultra has 108MP camera. With a large image sensor available on the Galaxy S20 series, camera resolution is significantly increased, for more detailed images with added flexibility for editing, cropping, and zooming. Another benefit is that Galaxy S20 takes in more light, so you get rich image quality even in low light situations.
- Single Take: Single Take lets you stay in the moment, while you capture the moment. Galaxy S20 can capture a number of photo and videos, such as live focus, cropped, ultra-wide and more, and use AI to recommend the best shot.
- Space Zoom: With the Galaxy S20’s Space Zoom technology, even when you are far away, you can zoom in close. Use up to 30x zoom on the Galaxy S20 and S20+ with Space Zoom, or step- up to the revolutionary folded lens on the S20 Ultra with 10x lossless zoom for 100X Space Zoom. With advanced crop-zoom technology, S20 users can also capture a shot, crop it and edit it more easily, while maintaining the amazing quality.
- Pro-Grade Filming: Galaxy S20 offers stunning 8K video shooting, so users can capture their world in true-to-life color and quality. Even the bumpiest videos look like they were shot using a gimbal, thanks to Super Steady and its anti-rolling stabilization and AI motion analysis.
- Video Chat on Google Duo: Video chat more easily with all of the most important people in your life on Galaxy S20. With 5G, Galaxy S20 enhances the video chatting experience through an exclusive, deep integration with Google Duo. Now, from the dialer, you can tap Duo to start a video call and enjoy, for the first time ever, full HD quality.3 Google Duo is compatible across operating systems, so you are not limited in who you can video chat with. Fit the entire family in the frame using the wide lens and talk to up to 8 friends at once.
These new devices are compatible with U.S. Cellular’s current 4G LTE network across the country, and beginning on March 6, customers in hundreds of Iowa and Wisconsin communities can experience U.S. Cellular’s 5G network using the Samsung Galaxy S20. This initial 5G deployment is on the company’s 600 MHz spectrum and will provide customers with faster data speeds, seamless video chatting and a more responsive mobile experience. It’s the first phase of a planned multi-year network expansion for 5G.
1 Offer requires new qualifying smartphone purchase on a 30-month retail installment contract with $0 Down and 0% APR and Device Protection+. New customers: Port in and Everyday or Even Better Unlimited plan required. Current Customers: Basic, Everyday or Even Better Unlimited Plan and upgrade eligibility required. Discount comes via a monthly bill credit. Credit approval required. Taxes and charges such as USF and RCRF apply. Additional terms apply. See uscellular.com for details.
2 Limited time only, while supplies last, consumers can visit http://www.samsung.com/us/promotions for more information.
3 Optimal 5G connection required on both devices.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier is building a stronger network with the latest 5G technology and offers a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.
For more information, contact:
Katie Frey, U.S. Cellular